Tuesday, November 22, 2011

HYMN JUNKIE

I LOVE hymns like you have no idea and my fave hymnists(if that's a word) are FANNY J CROSBY, Thoro Harris, E A Hoffman, H G Spafford(the guy who sung it is well- beautiful story btw), Isaac Watts... Yeah, i grew up in a PAG and hymns were in the order of service.

In my late teens i kinda started getting irritated by them(and anything deep that has to do with God btw) but teach a child... when he is old he will not depart. {You know i couldn't stand the conviction in Romans so i comforted myself in Psalms- Ezekiel the poet. You should check out his poem Almost fyi}

Sometimes i wonder what there writers saw, knew or experienced to write with such conviction. Sometimes some hymns resonate to my innermost being like deep calls to deep. As a self proclaimed writer, any piece I've ever written would blush at a simple chorus like 'i must tell Jesus, i must tell Jesus. I cannot bear there burdens alone. I must tell Jesus, i must tell Jesus. Jesus can help me, Jesus alone.' or 'Fatherlike He tends and spares us. Well our feeble frame He knows. In his hand He gently bears us, rescues us from all our foes. Praise Him praise Him! Widely as his mercy flows.


Not to downplay anything I've written but I'd like to write as well as there great people of God did. To bring joy to my readers however few. To bring hope and hopefully convict others all to the glory of God. But its not for me to decide. Its our good Lord who gives people gifts according to his abundant love- james4:17 'every good and perfect gift comes from above. From the father of lights in whom is no variableness or shadow of turning.' To EVERY MAN is given a measure of faith. So no matter what i write, God is pleased because He knows my motives and heart. A saying my mum 'a mum understands her child's goo goo gagas' so He relates to my randomness...

I sign off with there words from E E Hewitt:
Fear not I am with thee, blessed golden ray.
Like a star of midnight, lighting up my way.
Through the clouds of midnight this bright promise shone.
I will never leave thee, never will leave thee alone.

No never alone X2
He promised never to leave me, never to leave me alone.

Roses fade around us, lilies bloom and die.
Earthly sunbeams vanish, radiant still the sky.
Jesus rose of Sharon, blooming for His own.
Jesus heaven's sunshine, never will leave me alone.

Steps unseen before me, hidden dangers near.
Nearer still my Savior, whispering 'be of cheer'.
Joys like birds of spring time to my heart have flown.
Singing all so sweetly 'He will not leave me alone'

No comments:

Post a Comment