Saturday, September 28, 2013

Church

Found this post in a facebook page called 'rise up'... https://www.facebook.com/groups/RISEUPSOCIETY/512413495512535/?notif_t=group_comment_reply

I'm done. With the plastic smiles

I'm done. With Christians who walk into church like they are walking into a Country Club

I'm done. With Christians pretending they are perfect

I'm done. With churches saying "that's the way we've always done it"

I'm done. With Christians who say healing services in these modern days are fake.

I'm done. With Christians who avoid fasting

I'm done. With people who sit in church waiting for the pastor to "bless" them

I'm done. With those who think pre-schoolers are too small to learn about Jesus

I'm done. With Christians who mock saints that cast out demons in the name of Jesus

I'm done. With Christians who complain about their church but have never given a dime to God's kingdom

I'm done. With people who stand and cheer at football games on Friday nights but walk into church like they are at a funeral

I'm done. With Christians who can sing Madonna's latest hit but can't recite the 10 commandments

I'm done. With Christian fathers who push their sons to play football, but have never taught them to read the bible

I'm done. With Christians who go into deep debt to "keep up with the Jones'" who sit next to them in Sunday School.

I'm done. With fake "Christian-ese" on men's lips

I'm done. With deacons who complain about an unsaved teenager wearing a ball cap into the sanctuary

I'm done. With Sunday morning being the most segregated hour of the week.

I'm done. With Christians who think they are better because their skin is white

I'm done. With Christians who think organs are holy and drums are not.

I'm done. With Christians who say "I'm fine" when really their marriage is in shambles

I'm done. With people who think their past should be a secret, lest they be judged by the church

I'm done. With churches who think worship is for Sunday morning

I'm done. With Christians who don't believe in supernatural healing

I'm done. With Christians who don't believe in the unseen warfare all around us

I'm done. With Christians who believe miracles only happened in the bible

I'm done. With Christians who call on God like He's a cosmic genie in a bottle

I'm done. With Christians who think somehow they have attained all they have

I'm done. With this "little religion box" that some Christians have put Jesus into

I'm done. With the limits that most churches put on God's power

I'm truly done. no more limits. no more boundaries. no more plastic people. no more playing church. I'm done. Jesus did not die so His people could play church and be comfortable.

How long will we "play church" while there are lost souls to win, hungry orphans to feed, hurting widows to love, lonely hearts to mend, and broken
lives to heal?

There is no limit to God's power displayed through His people if we could just stop playing church and start being the church!

Rise UP and Start Being The Church

No comments:

Post a Comment